Use of this Service
Use of the services provided by WDET-FM includes:
- Use of the Framed by WDET website or any of the features on its site;
- participation in theFramed by WDET comment sections
- participation in phone call ins or live discussions,
- submission of essays, e-mails, or other information via framedbywdet.org,
Introduction; Consent to Terms
You may not use service marks of Wayne State University, WDET-FM, or National Public Radio without obtaining prior written consent. Some of the more popular service marks include WDET, WDET-FM, Detroit Public Radio, 101.9fm, WDET News, NPR News, This American Life, and Fresh Air. All rights reserved. Use of any Wayne State University or WDET-FM service marks, logos or graphics requires Wayne State University’s prior written consent. Use of any NPR trademarks requires NPR’s prior written consent.
WDET-FM does not allow framing of its websites.
Links To Third Party Sites
WDET-FM often provides links to Internet sites maintained by third parties, over which WDET-FM has no control. WDET-FM does not endorse the content, operators, products or services of such sites, and WDET-FM is not responsible or liable for the content, operators, availability, accuracy, quality, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such sites. WDET-FM shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, products or services available on or through such sites.
By using any of the WDET-FM Services, you are agreeing to abide by the rules outlined below:
- You may not post, upload or transmit any messages or materials anonymously or under a false name or a false e-mail address.
- The Services can only be used for personal, non-commercial purposes. You cannot submit any materials containing any solicitation of funds, advertising, promotion, solicitation for goods and services, or recruiting. You may not use the Services for campaigning or recruiting votes.
- In an effort to provide equal access to the public, WDET-FM reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to limit the number of call ins and the time allotted to each call in for any of our programs that allow public participation.
- You may not submit or engage in inappropriate content. While we do not limit expression of ideas, submissions or communications that contain inappropriate content will not be tolerated on WDET-FM discussion boards or call in programs. Inappropriate content includes any content that:
- contains or advocates illegal or violent threats or acts;
- is obscene, pornographic or sexually explicit;
- degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, disability or other classification;
- is libelous or defamatory or violates another person’s right to privacy;
- infringes upon or violates the copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any person;
- impersonates others;
- misrepresents your identity or affiliation;
- violates any local, state, national or international law.
- WDET-FM may delete, without warning, any post that it deems, in its sole discretion, to contain inappropriate content. In the case of repeated offenses, WDET-FM retains the right to terminate your posting privileges.If WDET-FM determines that removal of comments or other content is necessary, we will make every effort to do so within a reasonable time frame. However, making deletions or other corrections is a manual process and may not happen immediately.WDET-FM reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without warning, to refuse to accept or play any further call ins from individuals whom WDET-FM deems to have engaged in communications that contain inappropriate content or communications from individuals that obstruct or disrupt the integrity or performance of a program or site.
- You may only post, upload or transmit materials for which you have the copyright or other permission to distribute electronically. This includes newspaper or magazine articles, song lyrics, and graphics. You may not violate, plagiarize, or infringe on the rights of third parties, including copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal, publicity, moral or proprietary rights. You promise and represent that any posted, uploaded, included or transmitted materials will be owned by you, provided with the permission of the owner, or in the public domain as that term is defined by law.
- You may not post, upload or transmit any software or other material which contains a virus or other harmful code or device. You may not use the WDET-FM website, comment sections, or any of the features of its website to distribute chain letters, mass mailings or “spam” or to gather e-mail addresses for the purpose of sending “spam” to other users of the Service.
- By posting, uploading or transmitting any material on or through the WDET-FM website or any of its features, you hereby grant WDET-FM a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to use that material in all media, whether or not now known.
WDET-FM respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide the following information in writing to Wayne State University’s Office of General Counsel and to the WDET General Manager:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright.
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
- a description of the material that you claim to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- information so that we can contact you, such as address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a copyright that is allegedly infringed.
WDET-FM’s Copyright Agent can be reached as follows:
Office of the General Counsel
Wayne State University
4249 Faculty Administration Building
656 W. Kirby
Detroit, MI 48202
The Service is controlled and operated within the United States. WDET-FM makes no representation that content, materials or products available on or through the Service are appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. If you access the Service from a location outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance.
WDET Listener Services
4600 Cass Avenue
Detroit, MI 48201